Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Greatest three man Canadian band ever



VH1 Classic 2009 for 2009 is the greatest thing on TV in years. That was basically 
what MTV used to be: Videos. Good times.

Random thoughts:

What happened to Glenn Close's face? FX needs to run a 
warning.

Tropic Thunder may be the most quotable movie 
since Caddyshack.  
The K Lady has already had enough of my Kirk Lassiter 
impressions.

How much does a Snuggy cost to produce? I can get 2 Snuggies (sp?) and 2 book lights for $19.95 plus shipping and handling? How is that possible?
Is shipping and handling $39.99? Even for cheap Chinese junk, that is impressive. 
Has anyone seen one at a sporting event? I am fascinated.

How many diet and or weight loss/fitness infomercials 
or commercials are on at any given moment on satellite 
or cable in the month of January?

Some guys I ride with don't know how to plan a 3 hour ride.

5 comments:

byron said...

yeah, I'm with ya. I hate Glen Close. they need to stop repairing those faces digitally and surgically. I call bullshit.

but I was a wee let down by tropic thunder. the trailer was better than the real thing... and I hate Tom Cruise, his new nazi film just came unraveled for me. Brian Singer couldn't hold it down like the Usual Suspects -- another quotable fav.

but still I didn't like Tropic Thunder. I'm still quoting wedding crashers for now,

"yeah, it could have been the soft mattress. Or the midnight rape."

Kman said...

I will listen to arguments that Wedding Crashers and Old School are in the mix for number 1. For me Tropic Thunder was a complete surprise. Downey Jr. and Jack Black were the best thing I had seen in a while.

When is the plastic surgery/ botox phase going to pass. Between the Kyra Sedwick, Glenn Close and Meg Ryan ads running on Direct TV I am having nightmares. Don't they have people?

Anonymous said...

Show up for a Saturday ride in January on a single speed. Who does that?

Kman said...

Me. That's old school baby. Plus I was afraid somebody might step on the Cervelo while fighting off the reverse naked choke.

Gunga said...

I hear you on the snuggy! Those people look like Monks at a sporting event. And who can't answer the phone with a blank on them???

3 hours= 4.5 hours in CMacs world