Monday, January 19, 2009

This country is going to hell

and it has nothing to do with politics.  Common courtesy and manners are just gone.  I stopped at Target after lunch to get some gum.  Bad idea, long lines.  I am standing in line behind soccer mom and two daughters.   One may have been a teenager, the other was not even that old.  All three were on cell phones trying to talk over each other louder and louder so they could be heard on their respective calls.  Someone tossing her a  live grenade could not have surprised the mom anymore than the idea that she was going to have to pay for her items.  She is fumbling through her purse and continuing to talk on the phone.  The poor guy trying to check them out.  
Let's just say none of the calls involved solving the issues in the Middle East or a cure for cancer. We can all hear you you morons. TMI ladies.  The funny thing was, mom's conversation was just as JR. high and pointless as the daughters.  

Use your cell phone to take more of these:

Average quality outdoor photos and less inane phone calls.

5 comments:

Shane L Nelson said...

Why do children have to have cell phones anyway?

Steve Inmon said...

Too socially inept to have a conversation in person...Is that pic from Sac?

Kman said...

Good question. Usually its some junior leaguer ignoring her kids while she is on the phone, and I am starting to see more mother/daughter combos but this was all three.

That is Sac from yesterday.

byron said...

nice picture.

I agree with you. a few months ago in a movie there was a girl on her phone in the seat next to me. after about twenty minutes of phone call I grabbed it out of her hand and hung it up for her. sorry, it was distracting me from the movie I paid admission into. I guess I was the rude on because her mother was sitting on the other side of her and called me a dirty name and tried to grab the phone back from me. I simply responded by telling this woman that she was an unfit mother and turned the phone into the theater manager. even though I followed the rules it still ruined our evening.

sorry for commandeering your blog with my own story -- like I said nice picture, I agree with Steve, it looks like a familiar stretch at sac.

Kman said...

That's a great story. This is exactly my point, It is interesting that the mother thought your actions were out of line. She should have 86'd the daughters phone call immediately.

I was trying to get a photo of the ice on the Sac. The zoom on the Blackberry is a little touchy. On occasion i have to take the battery out to reset the zoom, but my hands were dirty from fixing a defective seat post shim (Nice work Skip) so i passed.